PCA is the name of our company meaning Professional Card Authenticator. After more than two years of works, PCA was born in 2016 making it the first European grading company.
PCA grades and protects Pokémon®, Magic the Gathering® and Dragon Ball Super® cards. Other collecting cards may be added in the future.
You have to:
- select the cards you want graded
- select a return option
- print the shipping form that we have sent you. You can also find it in your customer space.
- protect your cards and send them with the shipping form to the following address:
- PCA - SOFRADOM - GRADING SERVICE
- 76, rue de la Pompe
- 75116 Paris
The financial value of your card is usually the most frequently used critieria to determine if a card should be graded.
However, PCA recommends protecting a card independently of it's financial value or its condition if you have any sentimental value towards it. Grading a card is a way to add value and to embellish and protect your card
The most important task of PCA is to truthfully assess the state of your cards
All cards sent to PCA are independently graded three times by three different experts to ensure a correct application of our grading scale.
The grading considers several criterias:
- the centering;
- the surface: scratches, impacts, dirt, stains, bends, gloss, colouring;
- the edges: regularity, white dots, ink stains, wholeness, impacts;
- the corners: shape of the corner cutting, regularity, white dots, ink stains, wholeness, cutting traces.
If the set of a card is known to have a defect, we will take it into consideration while grading those cards.
For example, the Pokémon® cards of the Jungle set are known to have the bottom edge recessed. This won't have an effect of the gradind of the card.
The grading scales have the same basis. However, PCA's grading scale goal is to be more precise and distinguishes itself by the use of the grade 10+ Collector and 9.5 New.
Totally. If you don't have a card below a certain grade, you have two options to select from while ordering:
- Have them graded A for Authentic
- Get your cards back without grading
Yes. This is what the Encapsulation without grading optionallows you to do. By choosing this option, your card will be identified whith a unique number with the mention Authentic then protected.
Fake cards or cards showing marks of masking defaults will not be processed
After your cards have been graded, PCA protects them using a case which guarantees that the state noted on the card is the same as the state of the card.
Yes, PCA's cases interlock to ease the storing of your collection
Both parts of the PCA cases are sealed thanks to ultrasound
- We have chosen a quality, robust and ultra-transparent plastic. The PCA cases protect your cards from impacts, scratches, folds, UV light, humidity, and splashes.
- The case perfectly fits the shape of the card to hold it in place.
- The case is thin, elegant, light but stiff.
PCA cases are designed to protect a card but also to guarantee that the grade on the label corresponds to the valuation made at the shop.
If a case is brut-forced, it can't be closed again
The most secured way to send an envelope or a package to PCA is to use a shipping method against signing and with insurance: Package against signing or registered letter.
You can also use another shipping method.
Once your order has been done, please send your cards to the following address:
- PCA - SOFRADOM
- GRADING SERVICE
- 76, rue de la Pompe
- 75116 Paris
You can drop-off your cards in our partner's shop Parkage:
- 25, rue Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire
- 75005 Paris
Once graded, your cards will be sent back by the shipping method of your choice : Registered letter, Package against signing or normal package. The tracking number will be sent per e-mail.
While ordering you have the possibilty to insure the return of your order
You need to declare the financial value of your card. The insurance amount is 1.9% of the declared value if a limit of 10 000€. If the package is lost you will be refunded of the declared amount.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to agree on a more appropriate shipping method.
Once recieved, we will send you a confirmation e-mail. The cards will then be graded three times then sealed before we send them back to you at the address given when ordering
They will be returned with your order
The price of a grading depends on the declared valued. Those are the price ranges:
- 9€ for a card between 1€ and 49€ and processed in 35 work days
- 12€ between 50€ and 249€ (35 work days)
- 25€ between 250€ and 999€ (20 work days)
- 40€ between 1 000€ and 1 999€ (7 work days)
- 60€ between 2 000€ and 4 999€ (7 work days)
- 70€ between 5 000€ and 9 999€ (7 work days)
- 90€ between 10 000€ and 100 000€ (7 work days)
The delays indicated represent the processing times starting the reception of your cards by PCA. The work days are from Monday to Friday included, except French holidays.
In case of a drop-off in Parkage's shop, the work days are from Tuesday to Friday as they are closed on Mondays
To guarantee that we offer you the best service, we ask you to declare the financial value of the card you want to be graded. This value is determined by you to match the reality.
We use this value to be able to insure your card while we process it and during the shipping if you choose so. If anything would happen to your card you would be refunded by this amount.
This value is also linked to the processing delay which adapts automatically. Thus a card with a declared of 1 500€ will be processed in 7 work days.